What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Stick Position

shiney

Well Known Member
Just going through the initial setting on my elevator. Here are two pics, one showing the elevator in line with the HS which puts the stick in a very forward position (see second pic). I am a long way off doing final set up with wings etc but my initial feeling is that this is not right, where is neutral? Any thoughts on how this looks?

elevatorsbv8.jpg

stickforwardyz6.jpg

I just did this a couple of days ago. First you need to adjust the forward elevator pushrod so the bellcrank is neutral (vertical) when the stick is neutral. Once that is done, you adjust the rear pushrod to align the elevators so they are neutral when the stick is neutral.

Or another way...

If you are short legged like me, you can adjust the stick to it's most forward position (not quite touching the spar) and the elevator at it's down limit, and adjust the pushrods to fit.

Stick neautral

Where exactly is "neutral" for the stick, do I need to put the floor on to assess this ?

Shiney:)

Side view

Don't have the plans in front of me but one of sheets has a side view that gives the neutral position of the stick.

Where exactly is "neutral" for the stick, do I need to put the floor on to assess this ?

You can set the neutral position anywhere you like so long as you can get full travel in all directions.
I personally set the stick as far forward as possible because I am short legged and use thick back cushions.

Back