What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Stick grip

Just a quick introduction. I am a new advertiser with Doug on VAF so this is not just a shameless plug to buy a product. I guess I am "plugging" or "hocking" my wares so to speak, but that's not my only intention. I make teak control stick grips in my small shop in Oregon. They are more a labor of love than a business. I sell them all over the world, to Van's themselves, and others, but my passion is to get them in the hands of RV owners who may not know about the option of having a custom wood stick grip that feels great, wears well, and compliments their cockpit. If I can help create what you need, please look at my websites and contact me. Thanks, and Happy Landings!

3bbaf8_33f33adec9ba4d9598f60fd8338ea314.jpg

Dave
customaircraftgrips.com
customairplanegrips.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Dave
They look great.
I was just looking for a photo of the PTT that you use and there it it in your post (I'm looking for a new soft rubber/plastic cover that screws onto ptt in your pic, as mine has broken). Not sure if you know where I can get one? Don't want to hijack your thread.
Great to see you ship all over. Best wishes for the new venture
John
Edita - just went to your excellent site and I see I can purchase them from you. Serendipity!

Last edited:
Thanks Mike!
I've been reading, enjoying VAF for a long time. Finally decided to advertise mainly just to get my grips in the right hands so to speak! Have a great day!

Dave

Thanks John,

I received your email. I'll be in touch. So many RV owners in Australia! I would love to get my grips "down under"! Have a great day!

Dave

I like them

Just wanted to put a good word in for Dave. I installed them in my RV7A back in 2004. Sold the plane last years with 1200+ hours and the grips still looked great. They fit like a glove.

Thanks Dave for a great product

Gary

2ih5ycj.jpg
[/IMG]

Dave, I have your simple grips (Grip on the left side of your photo.), left and right. They are great!

I did step drill a hole in the trigger position of the left grip for my auto pilot disconnect.

After 700 hours, I still think they were a great choice!

This vendor is super international friendly.
I just ordered some small items, and Dave gave me exceptional service. Friendly, helpful and fast communicator and dispatch.
Highly recommended.
John
Melbourne
Australia

I am "hocking" my wares so to speak, but that's not my only intention.

Dave,

Nice looking sticks. I'll contact you on your web site.

FWIW, in the lower right hand corner of your web site is a cloud which provides less contrast and makes it harder to read. That may only be on my old laptop screen.

Also, "hocking" your wares mean to put them in a pawn shop. You are "hawking" your wares, which means to sell, as a street vendor. If you want to get downright colloquial, you could say you are flogging them. :)

Again, nice looking sticks. They will look good in any cockpit.

Back