What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Stick grip buttonology suggestions

Wardo

Infinity in pilot position, otto in co-pilot position. Ive got the layout for the pilot stick but needed some suggestions for co-pilot.

Infinity--

Flaps-top inside thumb
Trim-Coolie hat
Starter- top outside thumb
PTT- trigger
smoke- middle thumb
a/p disco- pinky

OTTO--

top inside thumb ???
trigger-PTT
coolie hat-Trim
middle thumb ???
pinky ???

Without commenting on the specific button layout you chose for the pilot position... I'd strongly suggest as a general guideline that the button layout on the co-pilot stick should be an exact match of the button layout on the pilot stick, or a pure subset thereof.

On a given button position, having different functions on the pilot and co-pilot sticks would be asking for trouble, from a human factors standpoint. Consider that you develop muscle memory, and what that would mean if you ever fly the airplane from the co-pilot position.

I didn't install a smoke system so I kept my trigger (Red, not labeled) as the mic switch. As for the co-pilot rear seat, I have the exact same layout. But, I have 2 isolation switches - 1 switch isolates the Trim, Flaps and the 2nd isolates the Fuel Pump, Engine Starter and A/P. The Mic Switch is HOT since it can't cause any real damage.

DSC00173.jpg

DSC00171.jpg

Last edited:
I made the back stick the same as the front, the one thing I also did is to install a switch on the panel that disengages the rear seat stick and I also installed a starter disengage switch so that there was no way to engage the starter when the engine is running.

Back