What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Stick boot/seat pedestal

aerhed

Well Known Member
What have you 10 builders done to cover the forward part of the seat pedestals? Abby's interior kit doesn't cover this area and it looks kinda crummy with the seats slid back. Also, has anyone made boots for the sticks where they exit the pedestal?

Havent yet made the boots, but have started the process.

I made a cardboard template of the triangular shaped stick opening, gave it an extra 1/8" or so inside clearance, and drew another line 1/2" outside that, then cut it out, and used that to make the part out of alum. I plan on making a long cone shaped boot, velcro strip at the bottom, for the stick, and using the alum triangular piece to hold it in place.

Photos when done......

I made a cardboard template of the triangular shaped stick opening, gave it an extra 1/8" or so inside clearance, and drew another line 1/2" outside that, then cut it out, and used that to make the part out of alum. I plan on making a long cone shaped boot, velcro strip at the bottom, for the stick, and using the alum triangular piece to hold it in place.
Yah, that's about what I was thinkin'. Also, since I leathered the tunnel from front seats forward, I discovered today that I could use the leftover forward tunnel carpet to cover the front/top of the seat pedestals. I got the drivers side done today & it came out really good. The pre-made slit for the rudder cables wrapped right around the stick and only needs a little enlarging. With the seat all the way back all you see is nice carpet with a finished looking joint for the stick. Sometimes I get lucky.

Last edited by a moderator:
In regards to the seat pedestal cover ask Abby to make you some carpet pieces with heel guards to put your feet on. She made some for me, I'm sure she would be glad to make you some. Their nice, No, Their Awesome, They stay in place with velcro.

Don Orrick
N410JA

I have the front carpets with heel mats. Do you mean a heel mat just aft of the stick? That might be good. BTW I'm really impressed with the Oregon Aero seat slide arrangement. Slides like glass & is no way gonna ratchet you into the tail section like certain unnamed spam cans.

yes, Just provide Abby with a template of the carpeting piece, indicate where the heelplate needs to be placed and she will make them and send them to you. I took the seats out and had the pieces made long enoughto go under the seat and to cover the front and back side of the seat pedestal placing velcro where needed.

Don

We actually covered this area with the non-skid wing walk material, so that it is obvious to passengers that this is where they are to step, and not on the seats. :)

Vic

Back