What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Sterba Wood Propellers

I can't advise you but will share this info: My Sterba prop on my 160hp RV9 is 70X79. Those numbers come from Vans recommendations and Sterba agreed with them.
I love my prop but am sacrificing some speed for it over a metal one. No plans to change, however.

When I purchased my 0-320 powered RV-6 it had a Sterba Prop that was
68-74. It worked well on my airplane. I replaced it with a 68-74 Catto Prop to tolerate the rain better. I would think 68-72 might not be enough pitch for good cruise, but it should climb great.

Just Call Ed

To the original poster:

Ed will sell you a brand new prop for about $600. If you can pick this prop up cheap to get you going, then that's fine. Otherwise, why not just order a new one ?

Good luck with your project.

John

I have a Sterba 68 by 76 :confused: on my 9A with an 0320. It has performed real well and I have no complaints at all. I am getting a new Catto prop next month, trying to get better top cruise speed. It should be quieter also. The Sterba prop is quiet in its own right. As long as the Catto prop performs as advertised I will probably sell my Sterba. It has 190 hrs on it but I will send to Ed to be refinished first.
If your interested let me know.

Scott Mills
339A
Flying out of Front Range CO
C 303 909 7105

Last edited:
Sterba Wooden Propellers

Brain trust,

Does anyone have Ed Sterba's contact information? I am in need of a prop for my Corvair powered Pietenpol.

Thank you.

This is from another post last year

Default ED Sterba
Here's Ed's latest information from Homebuilt Aircraft and KitForums.

Updated August 28, 2021
Anyone interested in contacting Ed Sterba please use his new email address of: [email protected]. His phone number is 941-778-3103
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message

Back