What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

stem valve

Guilhermepilot

Well Known Member
I couldn't find a valve on my kit considering the nosewheel is tubeless I think I need to buy it, someone knows where?

Thanks captains

The standard Vans nose wheel requires a tube. It is available from Vans as part number "U LAMB TUBE" for $11.00. They are also available other places like Aircraft Spruce. Search around locally for a 11X4.00-5 tube.

If you have an aftermarket nose wheel it may be tubeless. The Beringer brand comes to mind.

Considering your other post regarding recent arrival of all kits, I would bet the tube is somewhere in your boxes. It is only slightly smaller than the tubes for the main wheels.

Last edited:
The tubes may be folded up (sort of triangular) in a plastic bag. Maybe inside one of the tires. Should be two there.

Bevan

Last edited:
Yeah, my nose wheel came with two tubes. The mains only had one tube each. I thought it was an error until I found out everyone else I talked to had also received two nose wheel tubes in their kits as well.

The tire says tubeless because it is capable of holding air and sealing without a tube. However the wheel must also be designed to seal without a tube, and the stock wheels are not. They need tubes.

You might want to give Vans a call. If you bought the package from them it might be a case of a packing mistake. If so, I bet they'll fix it.

Back