What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Status Picture

truflite

Well Known Member
I completed the glass on the rudder yesterday and that finished the entire empennage kit. All parts are now hanging on the wall of my garage. Looks like a trophy room. I have left the blue film in place but I wonder since it will be a few years before I assemble the empennage to the fuselage, would I be better off leaving the film intact or remove it?

The wings are next. Since I have been only working part time the last two years, I cannot just up and order the wings (Michigan sucks employment wise). With my daughter finally out of college, there is a little more money available. This only means that we don't have to draw from the savings to pay bills. So we are breathing a little easier. To the point, I have been given permission (yeah, I had to ask) to put any side job money aside for the wing kit. So far I have 14.5% of what I need in a savings account. It is going to be a while.

By the Way, if anyone wants to make a donation to the Save a Michigan Pilot Foundation, let me know. Just kidding.

One step closer and ready to pound rivets again.

Dave Nellis
7A Slider
N410DN (Res.)
albums.php

Back