What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Static port installation instructions

cfijack

I'm New Here
Does anyone have a copy of the "static port installation instructions" they can email to me? Ours are missing. Thanks

Thanks Bob. I have those instructions. They refer to "installing the static air system" which I assume is a different set of instructions included in the static air system box. Our RV-12 was given to our EAA chapter by a school that decided not to finish the project and I wasn't sure if some instructions were lost. The question was related to installing the rivets used for the static ports. Thanks again for your efforts.

Ah, understand. It?s been a while now, but those instructions may have come as an insert with the rivets. Hopefully the side sheet isn?t already riveted to the tail cone, as it?s easier to do if it?s not. Basically all you do is:

1. Using a HAND rivet puller, pull the rivet stem just enough to snug the rivet to the skin.
2. Place a 1/4? socket wrench socket around the back ?shop side? of the rivet and lay it on a solid work surface.
3. Using a hammer, carefully drive the rivet stem out of the rivet through the socket.

This should leave you with a protruding rivet shop side long enough to allow you to secure the static line tubing to it.

Back