What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Static line drawing/instructions?

AFulmer

I give up. Can't seem to find the drawing or instructions on installing static ports and lines? Senior moment I'm sure! Can someone help? TIA

the plans

have you pre drill a bulk head, then the static plans are in the staic port bag of tricks, doing this right now

Additional Consideration on Static Line

I'm not sure the drawings cover this. My friendly A&P/AI showed me how to reroute the line so that the static port is the lowest point in the vicinity. The reason is, of course, to have any water drip down and out and not form a block in the line. Hope this tidbit helps.

Yes, as far as I know, you are entirely on your own for the static line routing, especially if you do not order Van's static line kit. There may be some instructions with the kit, but I didn't order it myself. The only thing I do know, which was related above, is that you should make sure you route your tubing above the ports (at least initially) so that you don't form a water trap somewhere in your line. Good luck.

Back