What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Starting section 47. Almost ready to fly?

On section 47. Would like to fly sooner rather than later. I plan on delaying paint. Can I skip section 48 (fairings), not have any interior and get inspected? Temporary interior might be a few pillows duct taped to the pilot seat.

Of course, I would go back and do the fairings and interior later (I hope).

You do not need the gear/wheel fairings to get inspected.
You do need seat/shoulder harnesses.
I would urge you to use Vans's seats and cushions as they are part of an energy absorbing safety system. Duct tape a pillowcase over the foam if you like. No other interior is needed for the DAR inspection.

You do not need the gear/wheel fairings to get inspected.
You do need seat/shoulder harnesses.
I would urge you to use Vans's seats and cushions as they are part of an energy absorbing safety system. Duct tape a pillowcase over the foam if you like. No other interior is needed for the DAR inspection.

I do have the foam, I didnt want to risk damaging it before having it finally covered. I guess maybe a few layers of saran wrap over the foam might be ok. Thanks for the tip.

I had my front seats made up, I'll get the rest of the interior done later. For the -6A, I borrowed seats from AZTAILWIND, whose RV was in the shop. Perhaps you could locate a nearby RV-10 you could borrow a front seat from (with the owner's permission, of course ;))

Back