What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Started my 7A

rwarre

Well Known Member
I started the 7A project this past week-end and got as far as drilling out/enlarging the pre-punched holes on the rear spar and reinforcement bar. So far I have no problems but a couple of questions. When the reinforcing bar lays in the spar channel, is it perfectly flat. Also when cleaning up the reinforcing bar, I found it was just as easy to use scotch brite rather than the wheel. Thanks for everyone's help. I love the forrum.

rwarre said:
When the reinforcing bar lays in the spar channel, is it perfectly flat.
Just make sure it really does. The last thing you want is a gap in there.

Oh...and congrats! Welcome to the group.

wheel

rwarre said:
I started the 7A project this past week-end and got as far as drilling out/enlarging the pre-punched holes on the rear spar and reinforcement bar. So far I have no problems but a couple of questions. When the reinforcing bar lays in the spar channel, is it perfectly flat. Also when cleaning up the reinforcing bar, I found it was just as easy to use scotch brite rather than the wheel. Thanks for everyone's help. I love the forrum.
you can do loads with the wheel. but on other stuff you will find the vixen file and belt sander are a dream. i use the vixen file alot. the wheels are great but generate alot of heat and are a bit slower. and eat up quickly. however i am still on my first big wheel and its about 4 inches in diameter. three of the little 2 inchers and 2 of the 1 inchers.

Back