What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Stall warning switch

Rayh

I am at the point of test fitting w1202-L wing skin over the stall warning switch. If I slip the stall switch vane through the skin, none of thr ribs line up. I think there may be a problem with the skin. I think the vane and access holes are on the wrong side of the rib (1208-R) that the switch is installed on. Looking from the nose they are on the inboard side of the rib and the switch is on the outboard side of the rib. Is this the problem?

Your description of the switch location sounds correct, so I will assume that you dont have the ribs installed incorrectly. That is, you have the rib flanges of w-1208-r facing inboard, which is correct. That leaves the spar or the skin in question. I'm not sure what would happen if you accidentally confused the left and right spars during construction. Worth a double check.

Glad it was something simple! From what I have read and heard regarding the -12 kit, if it does not fit, look for something that you have done wrong. So far, that has been my personal experience.

Back