What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Stall Warning Circuit

Tom Delaney

Well Known Member
Installed the left wing today and thought I would check the stall circuit. No sound with the Skyview on and vane activated.

Checked the electrical diagram and I see the wire from the stall mechanism going to pin six of the fuselage D-sub. Not sure how the rest of the circuit is set up/completed from there and no joy using my search terms here. I didn't see anything in the Skyview installation manual either (may not be associated with Skyview?)

I would appreciate a description of the circuit and suggestions to make sure the circuit is functioning properly.

Thanks,

Tom,

I have the D180, but I swapped leads at the wing connector and had no tone. When I fixed my error I got a tone. Check your wing contacts by jumpering the contacts and se if you get a tone.

Rich

Stall warning wire goes to the pin 2 of the left fuselage connector, thereafter the brn/ylw wire goes to pin 6 of the fuselage d-sub (contact2).

Contact 2 comes out of the EFIS d-sun pin 45 and goes to the EMS 37d-sub pin 11. Thereafter the data will go to the Skyview display via the 9 pin serial connection.

To check:
-Circuit continuity test of stall warning circuit left wing
-Jumper contacts 1 & 2 of the left fuselage connector (GND & Stall)

At that moment the stall warning caution on your Skyview should turn red. If so the circuit is o.k. If still no sound (headset only!) check the 1st most left potentiometer on the AV-5000A box (page 42D-29 step 8)

Good luck! ;-)

IMG_2476.JPG

slight thread drift

On the previous post, there is a WPT GAL with a red X, what is this going to be? I am speculating gallons to the waypoint?

Sorry for the drift but just one of those questions I've had since setting up my Skyview.

On the previous post, there is a WPT GAL with a red X, what is this going to be? I am speculating gallons to the waypoint?

Skyview manual 5-6:

The Fuel at Waypoint info item displays how much fuel will remain at the next waypoint. This info item uses the current HSI navigation source for waypoint information, and only displays information when there is a waypoint being navigated to. It assumes you are flying directly at the waypoint and does not adjust for non-direct flights.

Joeri

Your battery monitoring level settings seem to be wrong.
There shoukd be a green , a yellow and a red area.
13.6 Volts sould be green and not red

Sharp! :D
I messed up the levels when playing with Skyview.
It is already corrected after your mail from 16/04/2012.
(Will pick up the fuselage from the painter on monday)

Back