What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Stall Warning Adjustment during build

bhassel

Well Known Member
Should the stall warning arm be level or parallel to the skin hole as well as centered in the skin hole from left to right? Mine seems a little higher on the left than on the right.

Stall+warning+arm.jpg

Sorry! never mind...found the answer on Page 16-03...yelp, time for some more adjust...

Thanks,

Bob

Last edited:
Do yourself a favor and round the edges of the stall warning. Last week during cleaning I cut myself to the vane (already rounded edges) through the dermis up to the tendon in my wrist.
Positive thing is I'm now able to put my plane at the same place back in the hangar over and over (nose wheel is at an other blood stain caused by gas collator safety wire ;-) )

And I'll add - -

I rounded the corners AND put some vinyl tape over it also - contrasting color. Easier to see. Might help ANYONE from getting cut or tearing clothes.

Also put a tennis ball with a small cut over it in the hanger, because it will continue to hurt you or bend.
Works great and because of the colour and size you never forget to take it off before flight.
Did the same on the pitot tube after a bad arm cut.

Maybe I just got lucky, but I installed the vane, listened for the switch when I fingered it and never gave it a second thought. It triggered right on the money about 5 knots before stall. I did round off the skin catcher corners!

Back