What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Stall Vane

danboy

I'm getting ready to put in the stall vane and the directions say to fill the guide holes with rivets, but then in the stall vane section I'm supposed to enlarge the holes and remove the material in between. I'm filling the guide holes with rivets is only if I'm not using the Van's stall vane??

Yes. Keep in mind though that more sophisticated AOA systems are now readily available, inexpensive, and easy to install. I cut that hole for a stall vane, and am now trying to figure out the best way to close it back up....

The plans say to rivet the holes in W-1001-R leading edge skin - that is for the right side only. The stall warning vane is installed on the left side. If you are using the stall warning then cut out the material on the left side W-1001-L, otherwise fill the holes with rivets the same as the right.

Yes. Keep in mind though that more sophisticated AOA systems are now readily available, inexpensive, and easy to install. I cut that hole for a stall vane, and am now trying to figure out the best way to close it back up....

I would think one could easily glass it in, unless the surface is polished aluminum.

Back