What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

stabilator trim motor

jtdehaan

I powered up the RV-12 for the first time and cannot get the trim to move. I've also pulled the fuel pump fuse and found out from previous posts that the fans will not come on then. Does that also affect the trim motor? Any suggestions would be appreciated. I'm not an electrician.
Jake

Ideas

1. Did you have the trim motor working well during the time when you were supposed to test it ?

2. The fuel pump fuse I do not believe has anything to do with the trim motor.

John Bender

The trim motor has it's own fuse.

Did the trim motor run during the test?

You may want to have someone hold a multimeter to the wires while you hold the trim switch to see if there is power there.

I powered up the RV-12 for the first time and cannot get the trim to move. I've also pulled the fuel pump fuse and found out from previous posts that the fans will not come on then. Does that also affect the trim motor? Any suggestions would be appreciated. I'm not an electrician.
Jake

Have you turned the trim speed adjustment potentiometer? If it is turned too far in one direction it will stop the trim motor entirely.

The trim motor has it's own fuse.

Did the trim motor run during the test?

You may want to have someone hold a multimeter to the wires while you hold the trim switch to see if there is power there.

1. Did you have the trim motor working well during the time when you were supposed to test it ?

2. The fuel pump fuse I do not believe has anything to do with the trim motor.

John Bender

Okay, now that is just weird. John & I posted the same response at the same time. :eek:

Adjusting the pot

Turn the trim pot full counter-clockwise initially. Then turn it clockwise to slow down the motor.
Joe

trim motor

If the battery voltage is not "up" the trim motor seems dead. Put a battery charger onthe battery and then try the trim motor..I'll bet it runs then.

Back