What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

stabilator cables

dick seiders

Well Known Member
Setting yhe tension is both interesting and challenging. I used a tensionometer and found it difficult to get both the correct tension AND the stop clearance asked for on the sticks. Pretty much one or the other. Anyone else have this problem?
Dick

cables

Didn't mean to imply it was impossible. Just difficult. If no one else has had this problem I suspect there are wild cable tension variations out there.
Dick

Didn't mean to imply it was impossible. Just difficult. If no one else has had this problem I suspect there are wild cable tension variations out there.
Dick

Dick, For now, I just tighted mine up so they cleared and there is enough tension on them so they cannot jump off the phenolic pullies. I don't have access to a guage so I had to guess.

Thanks, Larry.
I did have a tens.gauge, but best I could do was 44# on top and 48# on bottom. A small adj down drops the tens. to the lo 30's. (and this is an $850gauge). There is also variation in the gauge reading when sliding them to different locations on the cable. I suspect a little tighter rather than sloppy fit is better.
Dick

Back