What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

St. Louis RV's?

cnpeters

Well Known Member
I have moved to St. Louis - any RV flyers and builders in the area? Also had a couple questions. I had heard there were some RV's at Creve Coeur Airports.
Thank you,
Carl

They should be chiming in soon

Phillip has his hangered there. Rick and David live in the St. Louis area. They should chime in soon.

Across the river

Carl,
At KALN there are 4 flying RVs and another 4 or 5 under costruction in the area. Our EAA chapter 864 meets 3rd Thursday 7:00PM in the airport admin building. If you can make it over, let me know and I'll send you the newsletter.

At Creve Coeur there are a couple. I have a RV-6A that has been flying for 3+ years (hanger G-1). There were a couple of -8s but I do not know the owners or see them fly very often.

Creve Coeur has lots of construction going on but it is all historical restoration stuff. Lots of great old airplanes but not many experimentals.

I have moved to St. Louis - any RV flyers and builders in the area? Also had a couple questions......
EAA Chapter 32 has a couple of members that have RV's under construction. Feel free to contact me and make arrangements to either drive or fly to Greensfield (M71) located on the western edge of the 30 mile Mode C ring for KSTL. I'd be happy to let you review my RV-6A and RV8. Greensfield is also home to an RV-6A in the final stages of construction.

Thanks for the replies. First, I would love to meet you guys and see your craft. Rick - I have friends up in Troy, so would love to swing by sometime at Greenfield. Don - will definitely get over to Alton, too. Phillip - definitely a visit to 1H0 is in order.
Not sure what EAA chapters serve the area - I live in Eureka, and closest airports are SUS, 1H0, and out at Washington/Marthasville (sadly, I think St. Clair is shutting down, long a target of the mayor).
Another Q - what rental options do I have? The High Altitude FLying Club at Creve Coeur (1H0) looks viable, and there are a couple share/ownership options at SUS in 172's. Mainly looking at the rental market. There is also St Charles Flying Service, which is attractive in that they have a Diamond DA-40 with the Garmin G1000, but it will be about 45 minutes to get up there.
Many thanks, and look forward to meeting you.
Carl

I learned to fly St. Charles. Good Operation.

There is a new school at SUS that I have not looked into.

I used to live in St. Louis, and my company is still there in the Spirit park. I travel up there for work frequently.

Back