What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Squeezer repair

JoeB

Has anyone had a seal or cylinder go out on a pneumatic squeezer?

The one I am using is was working great and the I noticed the air relief at the bottom start to leak a bit between squeezes, now unless the trigger is fully engaged that valve is blowing air almost at full psi....
I think the seal or cylinder blew out....

Anyone have this happen?
Know anyone who repairs.

The other kicker is it is a borrowed tool so I need to make sure to get it fixed
Otherwise new squeezer..

Send it to Bob at Avery Tools. He has helped me in the past and I give him my highest recommendation. Great products and over the top service.

Be careful !!

Be careful with a hissing squeezer!!

After 2 years, empennage, wings and most of the fuselage done, I had mine do exactly what you are describing. Air leaking at the piston.
I also noticed that the piston would force out the lever further away. In fact, it was loosening the actuator (held in place by a small allen screw).
Then without warning, pow, the piston shot out the squeezer having forced its way past the actuator (now too loose to stay in place).
Luckily, the piston shot out without touching me or anything else, stopped by the padded garage door.
I tell you, it was like a bullet...!!!

I contacted Cleaveland tools, Mike checked with the squeezer's manufacturer explained that a seal needed to be replaced.
The O-ring both seals and holds that valve body in.
There is no circlip or other means to hold the piston in there(except the actuator, so make sure it is tightly screwed in).

I already had disassembled the squeezer and he offered to send me a new O-ring.
Instead I asked what size and type O-ring was used so I could buy a bunch.
I bought 10 for about $5, replaced the worn one and I have a OK squeezer now.
I will replace the ring every year just to stay on the safe side.

here's a photo of the piston and its worn O-ring
Squeezerpiston.jpeg

Have it repaired or do it yourself
If you do it yourself, just make sure you have the right type and size O-ring for your tool.

YMMV

Last edited:
Back