What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Squeeze at Jean

MartinPred

Well Known Member
Sponsor
For those of you following the saga of my RV-4 in Vegas, here's an update: I was finally able to move the plane out of the North Las Vegas Airport down to Jean (see photo) and I'm ready to install the Catto three-blade.

After going round and round with the Vegas FSDO, it became clear that I wasn't going to be able to get approval to fly the airplane out of VGT with the Catto. So I ordered a brand new Sensenich wood which was the same prop I had on before the prop strike, so--according to the FAA--there was no need to re-issue my operating limitations with an accompanying reversion to Phase I. Not the outcome I'd hoped for--but Kudos to Sensenich for having the prop to me three weeks after I ordered it (I explained my situation and they were happy to expedite).

On the upside, if anyone is looking for a new two-blade wood prop, I can probably cut you a deal.

So now that the airplane is liberated from VGT, I'd like to put the Catto on and do my five hours of flight testing. Is there anyone (preferably an A&P), who can help me install the Catto at Jean? I just want to make sure we've got it right before we go flying.

Please drop me a line or call me at 702-324-8576 if you can help.

-Matt
402BD

LemonSqueezeatJean.jpg

Last edited:
Back