What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Squawk list

Pat Stewart

Well Known Member
This morning I put fuel in my tanks and rolled the aircraft outside to run fuel through the system with the fuel line disconnected from the throttle body. Both tanks pumped fuel into a bucket and I reconnected the fuel lines. While outside I decided to check the fuel levels, trim/flap indication and get the GPS up and see how it looks on the AFS 4500's. Here is what I found.

1. Fuel pump worked fine (no leaks).
2. Fuel indication on the left tank was fine but no indication on the right tank.
3. Flap indication was fine.
4. Aileron trim indication was fine. Is there a calibration page for trim on the AFS 4500?
5. Elevator trim indicates full up with no movement.
6. GPS Garmin 430W did not acquire and eventually displayed a message to check antenna connections. Antenna connections are all connected. This one seems like trouble.

Ran out of time today to start trouble shooting so next weekend will be chasing connection issues and first engine start.

Pat

Squawk

Sorry it wasn't all perfect the first time. Now hope corrections are easy. Keep us posted please and good luck. Bill

Saturday AM

Pat,

George and I will be around Sat AM if you need anything. Give me a call if you do.

GPS Connection

did you test your coax before installing? Test the center pin to the barrel for continuity, well lack of it. I've seen a few with bits of braid grounding the connector.

Back