What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

SPII Air to Air

petehowell

Well Known Member
I arranged a 9am flight with Bernie to get some shots of his new -7A now that he is transitioned and working thru his phase I testing. It was a nice late fall day here in Minne and air was super smooth.

Kate and I were both packing cameras and we got a few good ones. Bernie's pearl paint raises a photgraphic challenge any time the sun is on it, but in person it is stunning. I'll try more settings in the next shoot to try to compensate.

Here are are a few Kate liked:

Runup pad - The Steely-Eyed Aviator

N527DB%20Air-to-Air_021.JPG

Ready to commit aviation!

N527DB%20Air-to-Air_033.JPG

"Hey Mikey, I think he likes it!"

N527DB%20Air-to-Air_084.JPG

No snow yet up north.....

N527DB%20Air-to-Air_108.JPG

Takeoff at Cambridge.........

N527DB%20Air-to-Air_324.JPG

Kate took this one with the little point and shoot -humbles the old man....

Bernie%20by%20Kate%20041.jpg

See ya later!

N527DB%20Air-to-Air_413.JPG

Bernie peeled off for more Phase I fun and Kate and I went off to lunch. Not a bad morning!!

Link to the rest of the pics

Last edited:
Hey Dale!

I'd be happy to get some shots of your plane, too. Just send me an e-mail when you are free on a weekend and we can meet up b/t St. Cloud and Anoka.

Pete,
I wish I would have had my wiring problem fixed this morning,I could have met you guys at Cambridge. I solved the problem this afternoon, 4 pm, and went up for an hour. What a beautifull sunset it was. I flew over Tim Mahoney's house just to make him envious.

My radio had a stuck mike condition, caused by a nick in the mike wire, which allowed a strand of shielding ground wire to short it out. I thought it was my intercom causing the mike issue, and bought a new one, installed it, and had the same problem. After tracing all wires by feeling the coating, and finding a small cut, .010 long, the stuck mike was cured.
These airplanes remind me of snowmobiles, you ride them for a Sunday afternoon, then fix them all week, to ride them again next Sunday.
Dale

Back