What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Spark Plug Holder

Xkuzme1

Well Known Member
I have a 3D printer but have been unsuccessful at creating STL file from a picture. This is a cool Spark Plug holder.

Would anyone have the inclination to produce a good STL file to be enjoyed by all? Possibly a donation could be made?

Thanks,

X

Attachments

• IMG_2506.jpeg
    IMG_2506.jpeg
    103.2 KB · Views: 376
Spark holder

In the mist of the LCP,I bought a 3d printer. Would be happy to make you one. DO NOT want to step on RVPlastics,but this think is HUGE and thought RVPlastics would not even want to print one. If they do ,let me know and I'll cease and desist. I can print a few for a donation to Doug and a few bucks for material and electricity. Got nothing else to do anyway. It takes about 24 hours to print and about a half a roll of plastic - and a lot of electricity. 10 bucks to Doug and 20 to me (it's A LOT of plastic - I ain't making a dime - trust me). unless RVPlastics objects. I'm just bored - LCP and all. Can only make a few so get in line. And be a patient. It take weeks.

In the mist of the LCP,I bought a 3d printer. Would be happy to make you one. DO NOT want to step on RVPlastics,but this think is HUGE and thought RVPlastics would not even want to print one. If they do ,let me know and I'll cease and desist. I can print a few for a donation to Doug and a few bucks for material and electricity. Got nothing else to do anyway. It takes about 24 hours to print and about a half a roll of plastic - and a lot of electricity. 10 bucks to Doug and 20 to me (it's A LOT of plastic - I ain't making a dime - trust me). unless RVPlastics objects. I'm just bored - LCP and all. Can only make a few so get in line. And be a patient. It take weeks.

I'd love to have one!

Would you please share the plans to this useful holder that you made.
I just can't figure it out myself.....:rolleyes:

Anyone that has has a 3D printer and is building an RV will most likely run electronic ignition
and will have no use for something like this because they will just toss the plugs and not bother
to clean and rotate them.

I resemble that remark.

Yeh, Les has whipped a couple spiffy doodads on his printer for me too.
& I run EI & EFI to boot!

But old school thinking, when did a purpose produced spark plug holder eclipse a good old repurposed filter box for the ocasional plug holder duty?��

Last edited:
I kept it simple - used a bread pan from the kitchen (prevents my wife from trying to make any fruit cake for Christmas). Been using it for 20 years.
I fashioned a handle out of some .025 Al.

IMG_3065.jpg

No more fruitcake!

Outstanding idea Scott, I think I will steal one of the bread pans our kitchen. Sometimes it’s the simplest things that make life easier.

Just saw this thread. I needed to reprint, so I decided to upload it. I have a stand up plug caddy, but I prefer to have the plugs lay down when I am cleaning them. This gives me room for the 14mm inserts when they come out with the plugs as I run auto plugs with my PMag on the bottom of the cylinders. Long enough to fit the tempest plugs for the cylinder tops and a fat finger to lift them out. Plenty of room for copper washers.

Printed in PLA. Black this time, the older one was in white and it looked like crap after the first use. Last one stood up to a few years of plug cleaning on multiple engines, dozens of odd jobs, chemicals and getting tossed around in the tool box. Now realizing that I need a second one. Found it is a great way to store sockets so they dont roll off the desk during maintenance and as a small parts holder on other jobs.

https://makerworld.com/en/models/191040#profileId-210892

mines a chunk of 4 x 4 drilled out with a forstner bit, it has 16 holes for use on my twinky. its real heavy so it will not tip over.

Pictured below my 25 year old piece of 2x4 spark plug holder and my 2 year old printed version.

RV6-Spark-02-29-2024-3 Large.jpeg RV6-Spark-02-29-2024-1 Large.jpeg RV6-Spark-02-29-2024-2 Large.jpeg

Back