What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

SPAGETTI anyone section 31 finish

I hope the autopilot cable (AP SERVO) is near the top of the bundle! Or are they going to send an extension?

Another item

That is why I took a picture of the front only. I have NOT fastened down the center section back, due to that exactly. I unfortunately had already crimpled the 7 wires, then found out it was too short, then read Jim Cones message confirming that. At least at this point, I can get to them fairly easily.

John Bender

Trim Cable

Yes, it is long enough, but there are no PIN ends on it. Not sure what we are to do now. I suppose they will have to send us some of those TINY pins to crimp on the front end. They have to click into the 27 pin connector in the dash. Another one of the wiring problem areas.

John Bender

John,

Just checked my trim cable. The forward end has pins on it. The aft end at the Horiz Stab has no pins. Spade connectors are crimped on at the HS, at least, that is what I remember reading.

Problem with being first

I do not remember reading that the trim cable had pins on either end. I just installed it. If you have pins on the front end, then I must have received an incorrect wire. Can't solve that easily now. More fun.

I just went back and looked at 10-08. Does not say anything about having pins on either end. ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? :(:(:(:(

John Bender

Look at the aft end of your trim cable. Do you have pins on the aft end?

Check the aft end of your trim cable installation.

You are right about the plans. It did not tell you how to install it. I remember trying to decide. I made the decision after seeing you crimp spade lugs on the aft end. At that time, I had no idea how the pins on the forward end were going to be used.

OR if you have the spade lugs installed on the aft end, do you remember cutting the pins off?

Last edited:
NO PINS !

I have not done anything with either end yet. Both unstripped. Long enough, but just a roll of wire is what I had.

John Bender

Back