What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

South Florida Sport Aviation door seals

DavidP2020

Well Known Member
I am working on my RV-10 doors now.

My interior will be South Florida Sport Aviation's (SFSA) full interior kit. This kit includes their own door seal, which adheres to the cabin top. This seal is different than Van's or McMaster's.

I had been planning the McMaster seals, but now that I am aware of SFSA's door seal, I'm wondering if anyone has experience and feedback on this product?

SFSA Door Seals

A friend installed a SFSA interior, which included their door seals. Probably 5 years or so ago now. He was very happy with them, and I liked them too. I tried to find them at McMaster and everywhere else I could think of without success. I called Eliane, and even though my interior is from a now defunct vendor, she went out of her way to make some available to me. I installed the seals and have been very happy.

A friend installed a SFSA interior, which included their door seals. Probably 5 years or so ago now. He was very happy with them, and I liked them too. I tried to find them at McMaster and everywhere else I could think of without success. I called Eliane, and even though my interior is from a now defunct vendor, she went out of her way to make some available to me. I installed the seals and have been very happy.

Good to hear Tom!

I'm in the process of fitting the doors and trimming the cabin top door frame now. Do they just adhere to the outside of the door frame flange toward the door? Any chance you have a picture?

Pic

I should be at the hangar today or tomorrow. I'll see if I can get a pic. SFSA recommends a specific adhesive. 3M, but I don't recall the number. If I still have some, I'll let you know what that is as well. It was available from Amazon if I recall correctly.

Back