What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Source of RG 142 / RG 400 COAX

Airzen

Well Known Member
Hi All,

Wondering if someone has a recommendation for a place where I can buy RG142 or RG400 Coaxial ables (around 10 foot).

I want to have one with the male BNC connectors already soldred/crimped at both end (that is they can be hooked to the radios and the antenna right out of the box).

Does anyone know of a place who'd make such cable on demand?

Thanks

Order cable from Aircraft Spruce and two connectors. It will take about 5 minutes to build the cable.

phelps

Hi All,

Wondering if someone has a recommendation for a place where I can buy RG142 or RG400 Coaxial ables (around 10 foot).

I want to have one with the male BNC connectors already soldred/crimped at both end (that is they can be hooked to the radios and the antenna right out of the box).

Does anyone know of a place who'd make such cable on demand?

Thanks

Just a suggestion...learn to crimp the connectors on yourself. Otherwise, you may find that you'll have to have much, much larger openings/grommets in order to feed your cables to your antennae.

It's easy to do...

Second advertiser down on the front page of VAF
http://www.steinair.com/

He sells the supplies to do it yourself and he will also sell you one pre-made I'm sure.

If you buy the cable and connectors (to do it yourself) from Steinair then make sure you get the correct connectors for the RG400 coax. Steinair sent me RG400 cable but sent RG82 connectors which didn't fit properly.

You'll also need to purchase the proper crimping tool (also available from Steinair).

It's best to make your own cables, because as the Scotsman has pointed out it will be virtually impossible to get ready made cable connectors through the wing spar carry through....and if you make it yourself you can lay it our in situ to calculate exactly the correct length. And of course if you have the crimping tool you can always do repairs/modifications.

Back