What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Source for colored/striped wire?

Flying Scotsman

Well Known Member
Sometime in the next few months, I'll install the ADS-B box from Dynon, which will mean (sigh) removing interior pieces and pulling some more (does it ever end?).

Two of these are Serial Tx/Rx, which per the Dynon installation manual are colored wire pairs with stripes, e.g.,

Yel/org and Yel/Vio
or
Grn/Org and Grn/Vio

Now, yes, I can use just plain old white wire, and that'd work fine, but I do kinda like the color-coded stuff (plus, everything else in those harnesses uses the wire colors that the manuals state)...

BUT...it seems harder than heck to *find* these wires with these sort of "oddball" color combinations. Whi/Red, Whi/Blk, etc., are easy, a few others (Whi/Blu, Whi/Grn, etc.) moderately hard to find. Things like Blu/Org and Blu/Vio...forget it.

Does *anyone* have a source for modest lengths of these weirdly colored wires? I'm plumb outta ideas here...

Or am I bound to use just regular ol' white wire with labels?

TIA

Steve

Yeah, that's where I got mine, but those colors aren't on their website and I hate asking for special favors for small orders like this (they've done it before once or twice, but it's a special request for them).

Call Stein, he keeps usable but short lengths of wire to sell just for this kind of thing.

Back