What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Some RV Grinning

AlexPeterson

Well Known Member
I was hoping to get a little more video to choose from for my first post, but the weather has been rotten for what seems like forever here. Anyway, this is unedited, raw video with the requisite RV Grin. Enjoy, more to come. I guess I must like doing rolls. :D

Click here to see video, and be sure to select HD.

BTW, this was taken with a Contour HD 720p from VHoldR.

ContourHD 720

Alex, The quality is very good on that camera. I was thinking about getting one soon so your video was perfect timing for me. How did you end up mounting it for that video? Did you purchase one of their optional mounts?

Alex, great video.

Do you have FI? My carb would cause the engine to sputter if I pushed over like that.

YOU DA MAN!

Looks like you were having a ball Alex! I like the smiles after every roll. I think you were restraining yourself...you should have let out a big YYYYEEEEEHHHHHHAAAAAAWWWWW!:D (I could tell you really wanted to that!)

Alex, The quality is very good on that camera. I was thinking about getting one soon so your video was perfect timing for me. How did you end up mounting it for that video? Did you purchase one of their optional mounts?

I used a high tech c-clamp for that video. I will rig up some ram mounts for the next go at it. The mount that came with it was mostly junk, kind of rickety. It connects well to the slide rack on the camera, but terribly into the socket in the pad mount. I'll probably just slap a big old hunk of the turbo velcro on the side of the camera. A very nice feature is that the lens/ccd assembly can be rotated to align no matter how the camera is mounted.

I got a big kick out of seeing you smile at the end (or halfway through) every roll. :D:D

I was a bit surprised myself... I didn't realize I did that so vigorously...

Alex, great video.

Do you have FI? My carb would cause the engine to sputter if I pushed over like that.

Thank you. You might notice I look at the oil pressure gauge in the middle when I go negative, to be sure the inverted oil system has caught up. And yes, it is FI. Lots of oil everywhere for that maneuver without inverted oil! The wide angle of the camera is a bit misleading - I go vertical prior to the negative g push, while in the video it looks to be about 45 degrees.

Back