What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Some help for Manifold Pressure Sensor for DYNON installation

Hello, dear members,;););)
Someone can help me with some photos or explanations abouta the connection of manifold pressure sendor for DYNON.

The pressure port on the
manifold pressure sensor requires 1/4? inner diameter tubing for a
secure fit. You may need to use adapters to convert down to smaller inner diameter tubing for your specific engine. We recommend that you use pipe clamps at every transition point, including at the sensor itself.

Best regards from Spain.

I had the same question awhile back. Here is the best I came up with. Vans MAP kit gives you the firewall pass through with a small barb. I believe that works for "restricting" the variations due to pulses?? I then went to every hardware store I could find to get a t. This is the best I could find. Its in the plumbing row, I believe used for ice makers and such. I got a piece of quality Parker hose and then uses some RTV to secure. The fit is very tight without RTV, but felt it was added strength. So, manifold line through firewall, using vans kit, the a piece of the 1/4 tube from barb to hose into t. Out of t direct into dyno sensor (i put mine inside the plane behind panel), and the other end of the t goes direct into the lightspeed EI map port. Best I can offer, no expert here. Others hopefully will chip in. I just did this a couple days ago, no pic of it installed yet.

15hy4q0.jpg

I used vans kit and also bought some fitting on Festo(becase vans and dynon suplied a different diameter hose). I made a restrictor using a hypodermic needle to have steady reading at MAP.

Back