What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Some clarity needed

Don Patrick

Well Known Member
I'm installing my Ztron lights and it calls for 18-20AWG shielded 3 conductor wire. I don't currently have any 3 conductor wire on hand, however, I do have a lot of 18AWG single shielded wire. Is it a problem to use single shielded wires vs the 3 conductor shielded wire?

I've searched for an answer and cant find one. Other than the additional weight, the shielding is still there.

Anyone see a problem with this?

Thanks

Don

Don, well you could, and bond each one at one end. That would not be a really good installation though, more weight , more connections to come loose more wires to chaff etc. on my ztron I used 3c shielded. I actually need a fourth wire for the synch in between each wing lights. I ran the synch wire separate without a shield,it is a signal and doesn't carry any led noise. Drop me a note if you have any more questions.

Bird

Rawg

Thanks Bird,

I figured as much. I ordered some 3 wire and I should have it early next week.

Cheers,

Don

Your welcome, you will have a better install, good for you. Hey hang on to that single conductor shielded, you will need some if you are using mags. If not let me know, I am not sure if my mag wires are long enough yet so I might need some!

Bird

Back