What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

SOLD - RV-7 & 8 wing tips w/ light kit & lenses - NOS...

JRussell

Hi all:

I got these parts with a bunch of other parts - I'm building a Cozy Mk IV, so I don't need these - all NOS:

LL 7/8 MR-16 Landing light kit $147
W-715-1-R Wing tip, RH $273
W-715-1-L Wing tip, RH $273
VA-172-1 Lenses, RH & LH $74
=====
Total retail $767

How does 1/2 of retail sound? $383.50 + shipping from 98382

If I'm crazy, tell me...

Regards,
James

Photos:
Lenses.jpg
LL 7:8 MR-16 kit #1.jpg
LL 7:8 MR-16 kit #2.jpg
Wing tips.jpg

Last edited:
i'm interested - can you give me the package size so i can figure out the shipping to 78633

I don't know the part number but those are not W-715-1 wingtips but rather inserts to add tip light recesses to tips without the recesses.

Ref post 11

Last edited:
I agree with Johnbright ...I was thinking about these. I believe that this is 1 entire kit for adding lights to the older tips without provision for lights. I have a set of older 715 tips without this kit and I could be a candidate.

I agree with Johnbright ...I was thinking about these. I believe that this is 1 entire kit for adding lights to the older tips without provision for lights. I have a set of older 715 tips without this kit and I could be a candidate.
Hi all:

I wondered about that - it seemed really expensive for the smallish pieces of fiberglass. Let me call Van's in the AM & get the correct part number & retail price & I'll lower my price.

Thanks for your info - there wasn't a photo on the website (of the wingtips), so I didn't know...

Regards,
James

Last edited:
Did some reading and seems that these wont fit my 415 wingtips.

Vans and Aero Strategies Unlimited / Edward Reicher used to make fairings to mount legacy Whelen-footprint nav/strobe lights onto a vertical surface on W-415 wingtips. Small for nav/strobe and large for nav/strobe/tail. I have molds to make the large ones. https://photos.app.goo.gl/pFbbTUCK6QBg5bw19

OTOH many folks have mounted the wingtip lights with no fairings, at an angle from vertical. https://photos.app.goo.gl/w6tknKaMjefk6xGi8

Last edited:
Hi JRussell

You have what I understand to be an Airtech insert kit and the matching lenses, designed to go into the early W-415 wingtips, aka "Hoerner" or "Flat-top" wingtips:

image-6.png

...and as you can see we have a Flyleds Essentials (navs and strobes) kit to suit these as well. I christened this one W415FG.
QuixoteAg, these are perfect for your wingtips!

The second item you have is Van's LL 7/8 MR-16 Landing light kit that suits the current model W-715-1 wingtips for RV-7 & 8s. Likewise our Single Spot modules will replace the (somewhat useless) halogens that Van's supply.

Two different items that are still valuable to someone out there!

Hi JRussell

You have what I understand to be an Airtech insert kit and the matching lenses, designed to go into the early W-415 wingtips, aka "Hoerner" or "Flat-top" wingtips:

image-6.png

...and as you can see we have a Flyleds Essentials (navs and strobes) kit to suit these as well. I christened this one W415FG.
QuixoteAg, these are perfect for your wingtips!

The second item you have is Van's LL 7/8 MR-16 Landing light kit that suits the current model W-715-1 wingtips for RV-7 & 8s. Likewise our Single Spot modules will replace the (somewhat useless) halogens that Van's supply.

Two different items that are still valuable to someone out there!
Hi Paul:

Thanks for giving me this info! Not being an RVer, I just don't know about this stuff.

Regards,
James

Hi all:

Thanks to everyone for clueing me in on these parts!

SO:

1) "You have what I understand to be an Airtech insert kit and the matching lenses, designed to go into the early W-415 wingtips, aka "Hoerner" or "Flat-top" wingtips: ...and as you can see we have a Flyleds Essentials (navs and strobes) kit to suit these as well. I christened this one W415FG."
Airtech FG inserts (for early W-415 wingtips) L/H & R/H $200/2 = $100 + shipping
Airtech lenses for above inserts, LH & RH $150/2 = $75 + shipping
I do need to keep these two items together, I think.

2) LL 7/8 MR-16 Landing light kit $147/2 = $74.50 + shipping

If these prices are too much, then let me know...

Happy to consolidate shipping of course.

Regards,
James

PS: I did open the kit bag to see if the instructions helped me to ID the parts, but it is all complete in the bag.
I'll call Van's in the AM to ask if the bagged kit was the total kit.

Last edited:
Hi all:
The lenses for the Airtech kit as installed on the older W-415 Hoerner wingtips are now available from Jeff at https://www.airplaneplastics.com.. If you're interested in these lenses, call him ASAP as he is getting ready to produce a batch.
>Airplane Plastics has a couple of pairs of lenses that went unclaimed. They are available for sale at $225 per pair. The lenses are beautiful and optically perfect!
>Again, these lenses will only fit the old style, W-415 Hoerner, flat-topped wing tips. The lenses were sized to fit the Airtech fixture as described in my post, Msg #1 >in this thread. They are supplied slightly over-size and will require some trimming. The are marked with rough cut Sharpie marks, but be sure to trim to fit. They >may trimmed to fit a smaller opening. Please ensure the lenses fit your application before ordering.

Ad from Van's catalog showing these lights:
Airtech Wingtip lens kit #1.jpg

Airtech Wingtip lens kit #2.jpg

Thanks again to all that provided info!

Regards,
James

Hi James - the more you know - i'll absolutely take the lenses if you are ok with splitting things up. I have the airtech tips.

@Paul from Flyleds i'll be ordering lights in the next few months for them :)

Chris

Hi all:

1) Airtech FG inserts (for early W-415 wingtips) L/H & R/H $100/2 = $50/set of 2 + shipping
Airtech lenses for above inserts, LH & RH $90/2 = $45/set of 2 + shipping

I do need to keep these two items together.

) LL 7/8 MR-16 Landing light kit (complete) $147/2 = $74.50/kit + shipping

Thanks to all who educated me!

Regards,
James

Last edited:
Hi all:

1) Airtech FG inserts (for early W-415 wingtips) L/H & R/H $100/2 = $50/set of 2 + shipping
Airtech lenses for above inserts, LH & RH $90/2 = $45/set of 2 + shipping

I do need to keep these two items together.

) LL 7/8 MR-16 Landing light kit (complete) $147/2 = $74.50/kit + shipping

Thanks to all who educated me!

Regards,

I'm late to the party as usual. However, if on the off chance something happens and the sale to QuixoteAg falls though I'd be willing to take the insert / lens sets.

Back