What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Sno More!

petehowell

Well Known Member
61, count 'em, 61 degrees in the twin cities today! Better go up and check things out. Heat off, vents open, whoopee!

Low and slow today to look at the lakes. No cars, no fishermen, and open water!
IMG_8835.jpg

Look carefully and you can see augered holes and paths in the ice:
IMG_8836.jpg

Snow gone in St. Paul!
IMG_8838.jpg

30 NMPG and the oil temp finally is getting warm(the cooler is blocked)
IMG_8841.jpg

Ice breaking up on the Mighty Mississippi south of STP:
IMG_8844.jpg

All good news except..........
IMG_8853.jpg

I had to clean bugs! I think I will take the trade........

...and the oil temp finally is getting warm(the cooler is blocked)........

Hi Pete - how warm (cold) does it get in the winter. I had to block the cooler on the Skipper and now I get about 165 on really cold days. I saw 190 last week (when it was 45 out). its 58 out right now and we're loving it in IA. Sno gone :D:D:D:D

160 running LOP. Warmer ROP. Would like to get it a bit warmer.

Hi Pete - how warm (cold) does it get in the winter. I had to block the cooler on the Skipper and now I get about 165 on really cold days. I saw 190 last week (when it was 45 out). its 58 out right now and we're loving it in IA. Sno gone :D:D:D:D

Pete,

The snow is also gone in Charlotte. Just thought you would want to know.

BTW, what is that stuff on your lakes? ;)

62F today in MN!

I always know Pete's car is working, since if it isn't at the airport, it must be broken. I felt guilty not wearing a coat at all here today! Saw a couple bug splats on mine also. Of course, average high is only 35 for this time of year...

Well, heck Pete - it got up to 77 degrees in Houston the other day, the dog was panting from the heat, so we packed up and headed to Big Bear Lake in SOCAL. The runway is snow-lined, we have a big pile of the white stuff in the yard of our cabin, and I am much happier. just not ready for another Houston summer yet.....

Great pics - I used to do a lot of Ice Diving back in my former life, and it was also nice to see the ice getting thin enough so we didn't have to do that anymore!

Paul

Ice Diving?!? Yikes! Sounds like a rights of passage ritual for Ice Fishermen. You boyz from the Great White North are tough! :)

Pretty wild to see Mississippi icebergs!

Still snow in the mountains here, and skiing is still ON! Have fun at BB Paul (and Louise!). Sno more at home field though, so no more scooping sno-cones with the wheel pants! ;)

Glad you guys are thawing out Pete!

Cheers,
Bob

It snowed here in south Alabama this year. It melted by noon. However, the catfish pond did freeze over for a week. People stopped to marvel.

sno more

Well Pete. Tomorrow I will put the cowl back on go flying this weekend. Just read the wx forecast; we are expecting snow on Saturday. Maybe I will have to taxi with the canopy closed for a few more days.

Back