What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Snap bushings

Ron B.

Well Known Member
Just wandering why, the plans for the fuselage ask for 8 ( as of the stage we are at) SB625-7 at various places and they list only six ( and that's all there is in the bag with various sizes snap bushings)? I've looked thru the bag list and don't see any more listed elsewhere.
Thanks Ron

Last edited:
Ron,

Do you have a page or step that I can look at in the plans? I recall a few typos and did note them in my plans. I'll be heading to the hangar in a bit and can take a look. FWIW, on your next order for "stuff" add in a few snap bushings of different sizes. I think one of the best investments I made in the beginning was to buy some extra rivets and I ordered the -3 and -4 bolt, nut and washer assortment with the organizer along with some crews and such. It was really good to have extra hardware on hand while building for the few dropped nuts etc that went in the the third dimension to live with the lost socks, Pens and Bic lighters that disappeared never to be seen again. No FOD lectures!! I recovered eveything thta dropped onto the structure:D

Rick.
Page 25-4 ask for two, 25-7 asks for two more, 25-8 two more and finally 26-2 for two also . That's eight and the material list only shows six. Perhaps there is a mistake on one of the prints and list the wrong ones somewhere?
Thanks Ron

Ron,

Can't find the reference for any bushings on 26-2 but these are for the rudder cables that pass through forard and aft spar, four go there and the lower rear bulkhead has two more, the rest of those snap bushings should have been installed in the tailsone to complete the rudder cable run. I know that sometimes parts for one kit are sent with the previous kit. This may be what hapopened here but in the fuselage, there are six 625-7's and they route there rudder cables.

I find that I am still using different sizes of snap bushings as I finish up the wiring on my -10. I got the Master Kit from Stein and it has been a blessing. If you arn't ready for something like the Master Kit, then for $15 you can pick up his Snap Bushing Kit. It has just about every size you would ever use. That way at least you don't have to worry about running out of one or two SB's right when you need one. :eek:
I put in an extra run in my wings. I used the flex tubing from VANs for the main run and SB's for another run for the strobe wiring. For that quantity, I ordered extra SB's from VAN's along with another parts order before I needed them.

Orchidman has it correct.

You will use a surprising amount of snap bushings when it gets to the wiring phase.

Save yourself time and frustration, buy a good assortment now. They are cheap, and the uses are endless------well almost:D

Another thing that you will end up using a lot of, is caterpillar bushing, might as well as get it at the same time you get the snap bushings.

Guy's
On page 26-2, figure 2 , they show one and the right panel needs one also.
We have many snap purchased from ACS but they are not 625-7's. This is my fourth project and I always order double the hardware I need, so I'm getting quite the inventory, but we still always have missing items.
I never thought to check with the emp. kit for these snap bushings, I'll look later.
Thanks Ron

Back