What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Smokey Ray question

Larry DeCamp

Well Known Member
Friend
Smokey,
I monitor your comments with great respect. You recently stated the RV3 is the pick of the litter. Jim winings is adamant that the original 3a is more agile and desire able than the 3B regarding stick force. HFS has helped me with metrics on 3A vs 3B aileron bellcranks geometry. Would you care to comment on whether or not it is worth the trouble to develop a 3A style bellcranks output that will mount on the 3B spar. I can do the task, just don't know if I should care ????

Just slightly...

Smokey,
I monitor your comments with great respect. You recently stated the RV3 is the pick of the litter. Jim winings is adamant that the original 3a is more agile and desire able than the 3B regarding stick force. HFS has helped me with metrics on 3A vs 3B aileron bellcranks geometry. Would you care to comment on whether or not it is worth the trouble to develop a 3A style bellcranks output that will mount on the 3B spar. I can do the task, just don't know if I should care ????

Larry,
It's a subtle difference. The 3A vs B is noticeable, but not to the extent that it's detracting. Many Rocketeers have changed the elevator bellcrank in lieu of better stick forces although I like the stock RV4...

I would keep it like it is...:)
My humble opinion sir.
V/R
Smokey

Last edited:
RV4

Add another for stock RV-4.

Larry,
It's a subtle difference. The 3A vs B is noticeable, but not to the extent that it's detracting. Many Rocketeers have changed the elevator bellcrank in lieu of better stick forces although I like the stock RV4...

I would keep it like it is...:)
My humble opinion sir.
V/R
Smokey

Back