What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Slow-build longeron question

rjcthree

Well Known Member
All,

I had planned on the slow-build option, and I have been working wings. If you remember, the fuse longerons come in the wing spar box.

I have since ordered a QB fuse to go with my wings under construction. Is it fair to say that the longerons that came in the fuse kit are now "extra"? They are so long, I really want to cut them to store them for use as needed. Can I?

Rick 90432

All,

I had planned on the slow-build option, and I have been working wings. If you remember, the fuse longerons come in the wing spar box.

I have since ordered a QB fuse to go with my wings under construction. Is it fair to say that the longerons that came in the fuse kit are now "extra"? They are so long, I really want to cut them to store them for use as needed. Can I?

Rick 90432

No need to have a second pair of longerons.
Confirm with Vans, but you should be able to cut up.

Whoa!

Think long and hard before you cut them. They are difficult to locate for purchase and expensive to ship. Maybe a scratch homebuilder in your area could use them. Cutting them greatly reduces their value and utility.

Back