What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Slider Panel dimensions

rjsflyer

I'm starting to layout my panel and downloaded the CAD file from Van's site. In confirming dimensions, my panel and the drawing do not match. The CAD drawing (which I assume :confused: is to scale) measures 11-11/16" top to bottom at centerline. My panel (F-7103) measures 10-7/8" at the same point. The width dimensions match up. Anyone have a dimension for theirs handy? BTW, this dimension does not include the lower bracket for the throttle/prop/mixture controls.

It's a flat layout...

Rick... I believe the CAD drawing on-line is the flat sheet size that the panel is formed from.

It does not show the right angle bend at the bottom that effectively reduces the height by about 1 inch, if I remember correctly. This is consistent with your measurements.

If you want to put it into a CAD program for panel layout planning, then just make the panel dimension the depth of your panel by moving the bottom edge up.

gil in Tucson

Confirmed

I second the motion. I ran into the same thing with a -7 panel. Had it all in CAD, instruments in place, looking good, then I figured out that the top-bottom dimension in Van's CAD was inclusive of the bend angle. Oh well, lesson learned.

Jim

Thanks for the replies, guys. I guess I wasn't thinking "technical enough". I'll just edit the CAD drawing to the proper face dimension of the panel.

Back