What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Slider Canopy/windscreen/cracked/broken.

DRCRV6A

Had RV6A canopy/windscreen all fitted out nicely after weeks of procrastination, polished edges/seperated windscreen/drilled/clecoed & stored away up on a shelf for the last year, heated garage. Took down windscreen (that was stored laying on outside surface NOT clecoed to roll bar) & found to be broken, four inch V-shaped peice broke out of frnt. center lower edge. Unrepairable? I thought I read a thread about someone who went direct to manifacturer & purchased a DEFECTIVE canopy assembly, he just needed a windscreen not a complete canopy. Any input would be helpful, thanks, David RV6A [email protected]

Possibly shipped with a deep scratch I did not catch during the finishing kit inventory, it was discovered many months later when I finally got around to working on the canopy. I purchased a new RV-6A windscreen from Airplane Plastics 9785 Julie Ct. Tipp City, Ohio 45371. Their phone number is 937-669-2677. Fax number is 937-669-2777. That was in 2002.

Sorry to hear, next time consider gluing it! Lots of articles on the web, use sikaflex 295UV, just did mine, hopefully it will never crack again.

Back