What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Slider Canopy Intermediate Stop

Sunriver Ken

Well Known Member
I would like to provide a way to keep the slide canopy open about 6" while taxiing (not in the air). Mine tends to want to slide all the way open. What have others done to make this possible?

Interested in the same idea

I have my canopy locking setup so I can lock it open about six inches as well as closed, but that requires the key from the outside, good solution would be a replacement lock that could be operated from the inside also but I have not found one at my local friendly hardware stores.

Drill a .250 hole through the left track into the deck about 6" back from the roll bar. Watch positioning for penetrating the longeron mid-leg. Make a 2 1/2" long, 1/4" dia pin from stainless tube or aluminum rod with a key ring thingy looped through a diametric hole at one end. Drop it in place to keep the canopy from rolling back. Cheap. Effective.

Pull it out before flight so you can roll the canopy back without having to fuss with pin extraction if you want out in a hurry. Also, it's a pretty good theft deterrent because you can position the pin from outside if you roll the canopy mostly closed on your wrist. Same move to extract it, which would confound a crook, hopefully long enough they'd move on instead of taking the time to figure it out.

John Siebold

Back