What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Slick mags harness question

Gnvflyer

Just finished the baffles on my 0-320 in my 9A. Went to install the mag wires to the plugs and found that the nut on the plug end is too big to fit through the hole where you install the wire holder in the rear baffle.

Is there a secret to getting these nuts through with having to enlarge the hole?

They're Slick mags with ACS harnesses.

You need to enlarge the hole a bit Tom. Otherwise the mag wire nut wouldn't fit. Try to shave it in the middle it's 3/4 between the flats.

You need to enlarge the hole a bit Tom. Otherwise the mag wire nut wouldn't fit. Try to shave it in the middle it's 3/4 between the flats.

I was afraid that would be the answer. Hate to do it after I spent so long filing the holes to fit the retainer perfectly. Oh well.

Thanks

Mag harness through the baffle...

Just finished the baffles on my 0-320 in my 9A. Went to install the mag wires to the plugs and found that the nut on the plug end is too big to fit through the hole where you install the wire holder in the rear baffle. Is there a secret to getting these nuts through with having to enlarge the hole? They're Slick mags with ACS harnesses.

Well, I had to go out to the hangar and look at mine. I'm not sure what the pass-through fitting looks like now but back then it was a plastic unit that was split with the larger side on the aft part of the baffle and the smaller side, which fit neatly into the hole, on the forward side. The two connected holes look a little small but must have been large enough for the nuts to fit through as mine are on the other side!:p I don't remember how they went through but, obviously, they did.

The ones I have look like ACS Part# 08-06133 which list for $43.50 apiece!! Seems a little excessive! And you will need two sets. :eek::eek::eek: So nearly $87 to get your wires through the baffling......

Back