What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Slick Mag Rush Order

paul330

Well Known Member
I may have screwed up.........

I have been holding out for the P200 Pmag but it now looks like it will not happen in time. I need to do my engine runs at the end of the month so have decided to fit traditional Slicks. I was going to order from AircraftSpruce for delivery to my hotel in NY towards the end of next week so I can take them to the UK with me. However, they (and other suppliers) seem to ship direct from the manufacturer and are quotinq 5-10 days to ship.

Anyone any idea where I could get K6536 kit in a rush?

Call Spruce and speak to a person. I know the location here in Georgia has shelf stock on many magnetos. If the ones you want are in stock, I bet a real live customer service person could help you out.

Yeah, worth a go. I've gone to the Champion website and searched the suppliers - including UK. I'll make some phone calls when everyone is back after Easter.

Just wondering if someone knew a shortcut.......

Also, one more chance with Emagair but not holding my breath :mad:

I second to just call AS&S and talk to a real person. I had a mag go on me and needed a replacement right away. I had a mag FedEx overnight shipped from their CA location to Michigan. Their website stated they did not have one in stock though. It arrived the next day in the afternoon.

QAA in Tulsa

Also check Quality Aircraft Accessories in Tulsa. They shipped parts same day for me. They list the K6536 for $2314. Phone number 877.833.6948.

TJ

I have a set of mags with about 500 hours and just had a 500-hr inspection. Neither is impulse coupled. Neither has gears. I can ship tomorrow.

I have a set of mags I took off my factory new Lyc (replaced both with electronic ignition).

Let me know if you want them.

Well, I guess you should always check out with the people who built the engine. The nice people at Aerosport/Progressive Air have found everything I need at a very reasonable price and are shipping as we speak :D

Incidentally, I talked to Brad at Emagair who says they are going to tool up for production when he gets back from Sun-n-Fun with an aim to deliver the first units in July. But since they were supposed to be setting up for tooling after Oshkosh last year, who knows...... Nice people, perhaps, but this P200 thing has been an absolute disaster :mad:

Back