What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

SL30

probably $3K asking, selling maybe a couple of hundred bucks less is in good shape.
A big factor (worth several hundred dollars) is if the recent SB is complied with.

wiring harness (or connector kit) also a plus.

I just paid 3k for one, it had been installed, but never powered up.

Came with tray, and connector with a few wires.

Stein says I got a good deal.

I know the sb is complied with because I sent it in and got it complied with. I am considering a 430 so I am trying to figure out what the difference will be.

It's $8000 for a new GNS430W. I've never seen a used one worth the 6-700 difference for the price of new (with a warranty) that was asked for it.

$5000???

The list price is around $4400 and Spruce sells them new with a warranty and wiring harness for around $3700. You probably bought yours with the CDI which now runs around $1800.

Seems quite a bit high at that price....you can get a brand new one from a reputable dealer for $3725 which includes the harness and shipping.

I paid something close to $5000.00 new for mine. I'm thinking $3000.00 is a steal even with some time on it, that is unless the service bulletin hasn't been taken care of.

I agree, I have no idea what keeps the used one's value so high.

This really baffles me on the current going rate for used 430 non waas versions.

It's $8000 for a new GNS430W. I've never seen a used one worth the 6-700 difference for the price of new (with a warranty) that was asked for it.

Don't forget we live inside of a bubble in the experimental world that is somewhat skewed when compared to the certificated aircraft world. Remember that many of the members in this forum also own certified airplanes, and as such can be used to prices of items that reflect the additional cost of install into certified airplanes. $5K for a SL30 into a certified ship is very reasonable, not so much for the homebuilts. The simple reasons the values stay high is because the owners of certified airplanes can still pay a premium over what we pay and still end up getting a deal compared to new from a shop. Believe me, many times when working on certified airplanes the paperwork alone can sometimes take as much time or more than the physical work. Same with some of the services...a VFR transponder check for example takes much longer to do the paperwork then it does to do the actual test.

Anyway, using prices from certain online or printed catalogues/advertisements is also not always a good measureing stick of value on the finished or overall purchase/install. Many times there is more to consider.

That's just my 2 cents as usual!

Cheers,
Stein

Back