What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

SL-70 questions

recapen

Well Known Member
Any SL-70 gurus out there? Any former IL-Morrow/Apollo/UPSAT engineers still lurking?

I have two SL-70 (one each SW ver 1.3 and 1.4). One is connected to my FreeFlightRangr (XVR-978) ADS-B unit while the other is a backup on the shelf.
Yesterday, during a test flight, the SL-70 threw a FAIL code. Turning the small knob (per instructions) yielded the SUPP and STUC codes in the two data windows.
Resetting the unit allowed it to come back on – but shortly repeated the FAIL code.

Turning off the ADS-B allowed the SL-70 to come back on without the FAIL code so I am leaning down the path of my ADS-B box has issues.
I am acquiring the screen captures from the ADS-B unit to submit to FreeFlight while reinstalling my old NavWorx box to test the remainder of the connected devices.

Meanwhile, I would like to find out what the actual codes represent.

Meanwhile, I would like to find out what the actual codes represent.

Do you have the original manual for the SL-70? If not I can look for mine when at the airport today. They may have the error codes there as I think they were pretty complete.

Do you have the original manual for the SL-70? If not I can look for mine when at the airport today. They may have the error codes there as I think they were pretty complete.
I do have the original install and user manuals - and a couple of updated versions. I will look again - but I don't remember seeing the codes in there.
If you find them, please list them with the manual version and page numbers.....

THANKS!

I found numeric codes - not the alpha codes being displayed.
There is one that alludes to Suppression Stuck (#14) which may be what I am seeing in the SUPP STUC display.
This could indicate a short in the suppress wire or a failure of the suppress circuitry in the ADS-B device.

Something to start with!

Back