What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

SL-40 wiring diagram

Gagarin737

Well Known Member
Icom A210 wiring schematic

Solved : Icom A210

As European customer I choose for a different radio; Icom A210.
This radio is a 8,33kHz radio.
We have to do the wiring ourselves and Van's didn't publish the diagrams yet (Also the SL-40 Harness was deleted from the kit).
I have a WH-00028 test report. Is this a conversion harness? If somebody else have a test report or diagram of the SL-40 wiring harness I would be very happy. I'm talking about the harness from the SL-40 to the control box.

Thanks in advance, Joeri.

wh00028.jpg

Last edited:
What you show is the wiring diagram of the harness from the Garmin tray to the Van's power box. I would not call it a "conversion" harness though. The "conversion" harnesses plug into the EXISTING harnesses supplied with earlier Finish kits and adapt those harnesses to the Vans power box. In the case of the comm radio, this is the only harness. Hope this helps.

When I read the installation manual of the SL-40 I see a 15 pin dsub as a connector. In the test report from Van's its a 25 pin dsub. So I have no idea which pin goes to which pin.
Van's will publish the info but it might take a while.
Guess it will be easier to buy a "Skyview" harness and to adapt that one.

Just to finish my own thread, maybe helpful to other European RV-12 builders and users of the Icom A210

ICOM side________________________15 D-SUB
F+6+S+15_______________________Pin 9 (GND)
R+14____________________________Pin 1 (+12V)
M+11+P+13 jumpers
H_______________________________Pin 13 (Audio out)
J_______________________________Pin 12 (Audio in/MIC)
9_______________________________Pin 10 (PTT)
2 (needs to be confirmed)__________Pin 7 (RS232)

Audio in/Audio out/RS-232 connection has to be made with shielded cable and grounded at Icom pin 7/8.

schermafbeelding2012040k.png

Last edited:
Back