What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Skyview Up and Running But

todehnal

Well Known Member
Hi Guys.

Got my newly installed Skyview up and running. Did the network setup with everything turned in, and I think it found everything. After exit, the screens look normal, with the exception of the a couple of notices. First, "No GPS Position Source" Sure, I understand that, it is still in a building and it can't see the sky. Second, "Warning" flashing. After pressing the warning button is says "Need Compass Cal" Sure, I can understand that. It another setup function that will be addressed later. Also under the warning flag it says: "Transponder Fail" Now, that is scary!! Did the transponder really fail, or did I miss something?

Any thoughts or guidance will be greatly appreciated. I have just spent an entire day trying to find something in the Dynon manual, and Van's Acceptance documentation to no avail................Tom

I have dual skyviews, look to the forum on the Dynon web site. Or you may call them anytime and talk to a live person.

I have always found them helpful. Best to you, I love my system and it works great!:)

Dave

The transponder is powered from the Avionics master - you will get that message if that is off. Ditto for the AP servos plus their own switch. You need to have all that on when you do Skyview System Software updates as well because software gets loaded into them for some updates.

You also have to put in the Transponder Hex Code. See the installation manual. But I don't think you get the same error message if you have not done that.

Everything Was On During Configuration

I did turn on both the avionics master switch, and the autopilot switch before doing the network configuration. I think that it found both. When I look at the port activity, is shows the transponder, and data moving in and out, but the error count quickly moves into the hundreds. I am not registered at this point, so I don't have a hex code to put in. Bill, what you are saying is that the "Transponder Fail" warning has come up on every new installation until the hex code is put in. I'm not sure that is true, at least from what I have read in the manual. I think that I may have a bad xponder. I mean, why the high error count? I may cheat today and put in an erroneous hex code, just to see if I can eliminate the warning, then change it later, when I get the real one. Thanks for your thoughts.............Tom

It Didn't Help

I input the hex code and I still have the same issues; "Transponder Fail" When I went to the port info, I see that it has incrementing tx and rec counts, but the error count is in the hundreds and rising. Two days, and nothing. I think it is time to call Dynon, unless someone has another idea..................Tom

Hurray!!

I chatted with Dynon and was led through the port setup. All of my issues seem to be taken care of. MY question is in regard to where this info is published??? My understanding is that these ports must me set up according to the port hard wiring that Van's initially set up. So, did I miss something??? Tom

Back