What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Skyview Tach Setting

DRBuilder

Well Known Member
I am in the final stages of my RV7 build and cannot find any information on the tach setting for the Skyview. Plane info: RV Super 7 / Lycoming IO540 / Hartzell C/S Prop / Skyview Panel / Slick Mag L / ElectroAir R / 1st engine start a HUGE success! Ran great! Faulty tach reading though. ElectroAir requires 3 Pulses Per Rev. in the EMS Tach Setting. Can't find any info on the PPR setting for a slick mag. HELP! Builder's Log: http://www.drrv7.com

I did a search on the Dynon forums and came up with this.

"Our system is not designed to take such high frequency inputs. We're used to maybe 2 pulses per revolution on an engine that does 10,000 RPM, which is 300 pulses per second.

At 135 PPR, even a 2,000 RPM engine is 4,500 pulses per second. Even at idle, this is 1,600 pulses per second, about 5 times faster than we ever designed for."

Dynon does look at VAF, you should contact them for best answer.

Thanks for the reply. I spoke with a tech rep for Champion (they build the Slick Mags) this afternoon and he told me to set the PPR at 3 as well.

Back