What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

SkyView Help Needed

todehnal

Well Known Member
I've finished the wiring and installation of the Skyview and all of the avionics. I still have the wings and tail off, as I am working in my basement. I would like to see if the electronics work before moving to the hangar.

On power up with the Master Switch, I get no smoke, and the Skyview goes through console boot. Then I get three full page X's across the screen with the following failures:

ADAHRS FAIL: NO GPS POSITION SOURCE: EMS FAIL

Warning indicator is lit. When I press the button associated with the warning light it says ADAHARS FAIL and TRANSPONDER FAIL

Also, in a small block it says: MAP Trial mode, 30 hours remaining

Where do I go from here? IT must be a setup issue. I can't believe nothing works. I am looking for somewhere to start here. Did I miss some documentation that I need to follow?

Hope to tap into some RV-12 Skyview talent here. Thanks in advance

Tom

Not to worry, what you are getting is exactly what you should get at this stage. Everything works as it should.

In your SkyView manual, you will find instructions for programming the setup of your ADAHRS, EMS and Transponder. Each of these needs to be initialized and your SkyView needs to read them. It's a very simple setup.

The transponder is powered through the Avionics master. The AP servos are powered through the AP switch. So you will see a fail on those based on the switch positions. But the ADAHRS, EMS and GPS are powered through the Skyview. Problem...

Sounds like those boxes are not properly connected to the AV5000A box?

You have to input your map license code. It is in the paperwork that came with your avionics and instructions are in the manuals.

Once everything is working you will want to update it all to the latest revisions on the Dynon website.

Hurray

Thanks Guys!!

I found the configure. Had to put in my tail number and did a configure. I think it found everything. The EMS works great, but my EGTs are reversed. No big deal to change. Also, my GPS is lost, but that is to be expected while in my basement.

I have a smile on my face. Now, I can go enjoy a nice lunch

Thanks Again!!! Tom

Back