What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Skyview autopilot

HDDAHL

I have just turned on power (Skyview) and am doing some prelim checking before finishing some installs, eg, tank , baggage bulkhead etc.

I am getting the message "NO SERVO FOUND" in the setup menu. Servos are installed.
Anyone have any ideas why? Does the avionics power switch need to be on, eg.?

Doug Dahl
RV 9A, RV 12 in "final stages"

See this thread for useful info: http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=82782 Both the transponder and the servos are powered by ships power, not through the EFIS, and the master, avionics master, and autopilot switches must be on for everything to be detected. The EFIS powers the ADAHRS, and EFIS power does not come through the avionics master switch.
Thanks. I'll try this aft. Dont think I had the avionics master on'
Doug

Bill

Thanks again for the response. Turned all switches on and still message "no servos installed" appears on set up.

Something happened when I first turned on Skyview. The autopilot light came on. I thought it might be normal but now it is/will not come on. I may have wired it wrong but I studied it for an hour before installing the molex pins etc. I now am suspicious that the light should not have come on and that this may be the issue with no servo recognition. After reading your suggested posts I saw the confusion about rewiring the light/switch.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Doug Dahl

Are you saying - with a fresh reboot and all the switches on:
(From the Skyview manual for version 3.3, section 4)
SETUP MENU > SYSTEM SETUP > NETWORK SETUP > CONFIGURE
Then Press DETECT.

Doing this says you do have ADAHRS, EMS, D-1000 but you not have servos? Then maybe they are miswired. Go through section 4 of the manual thoroughly.

Servos now recognized. Now can't use the disconnect to configure. Switch is good, 3v at the white wire (molex), ground is good. Am going to try to disconnect at the yellow servo wire by flash grounding grounding it to the airframe to attempt to find out where the signal is being lost.

Doug

The disconnect switch has several possible behaviors that you can choose from in the Skyview. (Primarily choices about turning the AP ON in various modes, if it is off when you push the button. If it is ON when you push the button, it turns it off - thats the easy one!) No choice but to read that section of the manual! I am starting with something simple!

Back