What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Skyview AutoPilot Disengaging in Flight

I have 140 hours on my Skyview System. I have used to autopilot quite often. On a cross country Saturday (first one since firmware update), my autopilot disengaged while at straight and level flight at 7,500 ft. I took over and then re-engaged the autopilot. It worked for the remainder of the flight (25 min). Then coming home it did it again. Once again, I reengaged it and it worked fine after that.

Fortunately, the plane was trimmed just about perfect so it wasn't that big of a deal (I guess). Anyway, has anyone else had this issue?? Not sure if it is due to new software update? Have never had an issue before and I use the autopilot a lot.

Yep. 200 hrs on my RV-12. Still on version 12. Does it infrequently and for no reason that I can tell.

Assuming you are on v14 and didn't see this issue before, then that is something we are actively looking into after a few reports. If it was happening before v14, then we don't know of any software / hardware issue so we'd look into the system as a whole.

It didn't happen until I updated to v14. Could be coincidental I guess. Was just wanting to check around and see if others had experienced this problem. Spoke with Mike at tech support and he doesn't think it is from the software update.

For now, I am just going to continue to use the autopilot with my hand on or very close to the stick. If anyone else experiences this, please let me know.

Back