What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Skyview Amp Meter Help Needed

todehnal

Well Known Member
I think that I finally have all of the EMS sensors set up, as well as all of the port devices. I have one failure left. The amp meter has a big X across it and is non functional. I looked at the setup ( description and pin numbers) and everything appears to be correct, as received. I have changed nothing on the amp indicator, so far. From what I can tell in the schematic, the shunt is built into the fuse panel. Any ideas out there??

Tom

Take a look--do you actually have a shunt installed? Also, you need to setup the shunt in the Skyview EMS settings to tell it which side of the shunt to read amps from. Sorry, I can't remember the setup page it's on, but I do recall that it's pretty clearly spelled out in the Skyview installation manual.

Thanks Karl. Actually, the shunt is built into a fuse panel that is furnished by Van's, and comes with the Skyview system. It is all in an enclosure, in fact, the only way that I know that it is in there, is that it is shown on the schematic. I can't imagine that it is a setup issue, but just in case, I will give Dynon a call in the morning. I have spent about 3 hours in the Skyview setup scheme, trying to solve this, and have exhausted my ideas. If Dynon doesn't have the solution, or unless someone comes up with an idea on this forum, I will look to Van's for a solution. Thanks again for your thoughts!

Tom

If the shunt is connected correctly, perhaps the sensor is not mapped to the amps widget. If a widget is selected to display, but no input is selected for the widget, I think it will be X'd.

Hey Dan, Thanks for your thoughts. I just went out and rechecked. The widget is selected, because it shows on the display. I verified the mapping, and it is as follows:

P 24/25, Function: AMPS, Sensor: AMMETER SHUNT (100412-000}, Name: BATT

I think that this is correct mapping. Now what??

Yes, give Dynon tech support a call. Those guys are great. The couple of times I called Dynon, the guy pointed me to the page and paragraph number by memory. Pretty impressive.

Agreed- either post on the Dynon support blog- which they respond to rather quickly, or call.

You might also search the Dynon support blog for your problem.

It looks like you have the correct pins, and without my Skyview in front of me I can't remember all the steps for what it should look like.

Back