What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Skyview Again

KALEWIS

Well Known Member
I know this has been talked about, but :

Any ideas on how many extra wire will need routed?

Wonder if the current cooling fans will stay?

Our center panel has the autopilot disconnect (red button) wired in....hate to cut and splice that since a new center panel will be issued. Anyone think a new one (button) will be supplied?

I do like the new wing wire plug system (as seen in the Van's document)...that should be an easy switcharoo...

From information gathered from here and there, it is my understanding that Vans will offer a kit specifically designed to upgrade us guys with older wiring harnesses. I think I will go ahead and add the necessary wires in the wing while I am waiting.

Yes, much of this has been discussed. Likely 2 more twisted pairs from the panel to the tail. Plus 1 extra wire to each wingtip if you want to switch the strobes and nav lights separately. But those are minor. The real #$$%@ will be that you have to pull your engine controls (throttle, choke, heater) fully to replace that center panel piece. VERY ANNOYING. OR, you might be able to cut them free of that panel piece without withdrawing them using a dremel, then see this post for some ideas about that center piece. http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=74718

Luckily, only have the red button to deal with ... In the panel. Just ordered the engine kit.

Red Button

Dont be too quick to cut the wires on the red button (AP disconnect). I ordered a new one when I thought the original had failed. The bill was $72 plus postage. It was a relief to find that the problem was due to pins placed in the wrong D-sub plug. I was able to return the replacement unopened for a refund.

Rod

Back